Woo Hoo, edibles are finally here from the LP’s. Time to loosen the belt, kick back and giver a go. We are going to be unboxing Tweed’s Bakerstreet Peppermint Milk. But first, I have a question for you.
Q: What do you get when you dip a kitten in chocolate?
A: Kitty Kat bar!
My initial thoughts after finding out they were available can be found on Twitter – there is some good conversation both for and against this offering – if you are curious you can check it out here:
Basically, the bear in me thought: I can get oil from an LP as low as $1.20 for the same amount of THC and just dip a regular old chocolate bar in like you would with chips and dip or something and save myself a wad of cash 😂
However, seeing the product I was much more impressed than I initially expected I would be. And let’s be honest, we know this product isn’t for everyone, but for the market that they are looking to serve with this offering it does make sense and the possibility that prices go down or the THC content is allowed to go may very well change over time.
Here is the description per Cannabis NB:
Not overly informative I know. Tweed’s actual website s no better either. It simply has an icon on the strain that implies it is available in chocolate:
Why do I care about this info? Well, it would be nice to know the details of how long it is expected to kick and how long it will last. There is a difference in consuming cannabis via oils or smoking it. I am going to have to assume that this would be very much like consuming the oils LP’s have available and that Health Canada has issued official statements about on consumption effects. I guess I just don’t like being officially kept in the dark.
OK, enough of the chitter-chatter and onto the unboxing. Note: my dog snatched this out of my hand, hence the teeth marks in the packaging – bad dog, but something to keep in mind IMO:
- It’s actually pretty tasty. I’m no junk food guru, but I can spot the difference from crap chocolate and something good. This was good.
- No weed smell, just smelled a bit like peppermint.
- The packaging is childproof so some of you people might need help opening it 😂 but that couple with the non-kid friendly design makes it hard for the kids to get their grubby little fingers on.
- With edibles, much like your beer or your strawberry daiquiris that you enjoy, this form of cannabis is gonna go straight to your hips 😳
- Not only will this be attractive to kids(when left open), but you are also going to need to keep it away from pets too.
- For those of you that care, this offering is not vegan-friendly. So with each edible product coming to us, you will need to check if there are any ingredients within that will not bode well with you.
- Effects: well for me the dosage is a little on the lower side. Yes, I know this will vary wildly amongst different consumers. However, it offers a nice slight chill feel to it that slowly kick in over time. You will remain rather functional. For example, I am writing this write now whilst having consumed this a couple of hours ago 😂
Of course, this blog wouldn’t be complete without an interpretation of the chart. Since I have already done on Canopy ($CGC / $WEED.to) not so long ago, I’ll show you what the bulls and bears are hungry for in terms of open gaps.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed this piece. If it seems a bit more rushed than usual, I apologize as I feel it is more important to get this out to you sooner than later given that many of you (including myself) are pondering the idea of getting these as a stocking stuffer or a gift for a special someone. Since I do plan on reviewing many more to come I would appreciate any feedback (Good, bad or ugly) on what you would like to see or don’t care to see in future iterations. And if you want me to be able to afford to keep on doing this for you, I would really appreciate a donation or two if you can. OK, I’m getting sleepy, time to head to bed. Thanks 🍻
Disclaimer: I am not a certified comedian – please consult a comedian before having a laugh – same applies to any financial advice you might take away from my posts. If you can donate that would mean a lot to me and help to fuel me to keep going. Also, feel free to give me any feedback. Good, bad, or ugly. Thanks.